|Scope details||6 Credits|
|Level of study||Syklus 2|
|Language of instruction||English|
Det kreves ingen forkunnskaper utover opptakskrav i studieprogrammet.
Recommended prerequisite knowledge
Open for all master students
One of the most characteristic features of Landscape Architecture is a considerable degree of freedom of design, but freedom based on both functional and aesthetic requirements.
Prehab’s it is the longevity of trees that encourages simplicity of artistic and architectural design, providing gardens with a sense of universal permanence despite the changes taking place in society around them. Gardens should be functional and yet simple in design.
After passed course, the student shall understand how ecological, infrastructural factors shape the urban landscape, and have broad knowledge of landscape architecture’s themes and concepts.
The way in which the elements of gardens and parks are organized provides a fundamental impression of space, design and scope, thus reflecting something of the essence of both architecture art and sculpture.
Working and learning activities
Lectures will focus on decisive moments within the landscape architectural discourse: analysis, project development, design processes, the lectures are project based.
8 lectures Tuesday mornings 9:30-11:00 from January to May:
• Lecture 1: January Jeppe Aagaard Andersen «Meeting places”
• Lecture 2: February Jeppe Aagaard Andersen: “City Paving”
• Lecture 3: February Marco Berentz: “Territories for dreaming”
• Lecture 4: February Hanne bat: “Common sense ore science”
• Lecture 5: March Jeppe Aagaard Andersen: “Heritage and interpretation”
• Lecture 6: March Vladimir Sitta: “Small to big in the Southern hemisphere”
• Lecture 7: April Samin Salehi: “Paradise gardens Iran”
• Lecture 8: April Jeppe Aagaard Andersen; “It’s all about water”
Professor in chargeJeppe Aagaard Andersen and Samin Salehi
Mandatory work requirements
|Work requirements||Number||Number of approved||Mandatory presence||Comment|
The studens have to produce 2 A4 steets after each lecture with a summery and an inspiration drawing from the topic.
|Assessment||Date||Duration||Grade scale||Oral examination|
|Prosessvurdering underveis||Individual||Pass / Fail|
|Vurderingsmappe||Individual||Pass / Fail|